Saturday 22 February 2014

Feb 20, 21 and 22, 2014

Feb 20
- Woken by Master's alarm
- Woken by my alarm
- #1 and #2 children felt sick, called them into school
- Prepped #3 child to see the dentist
- Friend came over to babysit, took #3 to the dentist
- Fretted and starved while they took #3 in to bed sedated and have dental work done
- Sat around the waiting room, read a bunch
- Was taken back to recovery, where #3 proceeded to scream and punch me
- Continued to be the target of screaming and punching for another 3 hours or so
- Made dinner
- Served dinner
- Put laundry away while Master put kids to bed
- Laid out Master's clothes for the next day, made the bed, set the alarm
- Sat around for a while on the tubes
- Went to bed

Feb 21
- Woken by Master's alarm
- Woken by my alarm and #1 kid simultaneously bellowing that my alarm was going off
- Made breakfast for kids #2-4
- Got #1 kid out the door for the breakfast the school does for honours students
- Fractured a toe
- Got other kids ready, took them to school
- Fell walking home, ruined knee on leg opposite to broken toe
- Spent several hours sitting very still in a chair, letting #4 watch entirely too much television
- Did some social media work
- Hobbled back over to the school to volunteer
- Pawned #2 and #3 off on a friend for a playdate
- Napped a bit on the couch while #4 napped in the stroller
- Encouraged #1 to make herself a sandwich before going off to a sleepover, because standing long enough to cook seemed impossible
- Master came home
- Realized I hadn't eaten yet that day
- Barely did even my usually incompetent amount of putting kids to bed
- Cried about cheeseburgers
- Was purchased a cheeseburger
- Eventually fell asleep on the couch

Feb 22
- Woken up on the couch by Master
- Confusedly dealt with Master finding my cell phone submerged in half a mug of coffee (I blame punk kids), made him coffee, went up to the bed
- Woken up by Master
- Woken up by Master again
- Eventually shuffled downstairs, picked up the cup of tea he had made me, slowly internetted my way to being a functional human
- Confessed that I didn't think our day's plans were going to pan out, to which the Captain expressed some relief
- Got ready to go to my parents' house
- Spent an afternoon eating fantastic cheese, drinking decent wine, and doing a puzzle with my mom
- Came home, Master went out
- Put kids #2-4 to bed
- Watched Mean Girls with #1 kid

No comments:

Post a Comment